Wide receiver Marlon Williams announced he decided to play professionally next season.
“Having played my last college game, I would like to thank my teammates, coaches, and the entire UCF family for an amazing four years,” Williams said in his announcement on Twitter Monday.
The senior decided to not use his extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA. So far, redshirt senior tight end Jake Hescock is the only Knight who announced his decision to return to UCF next season with his additional year.
Members of the UCF athletics program such as director Danny White wished success and luck to the Alabama native receiver.
Thank you for all you've done for me, my teammates, and the athletic department as a whole. The 2017 team were your first national champs, but we won't be the last! GKCO ⚡️ https://t.co/95YmNvtTje— Marlon Williams (@TheReall__6) November 30, 2020
Williams played in eight games in his last season with the Knights, only sitting out last Friday against South Florida. He averaged 129.9 yards per game and had a total of 10 touchdowns this year, both career-highs despite playing in fewer games than the previous three seasons.
His 1,039 receiving yards this year rank him fourth in the nation, marking the first time the receiver surpassed the 1,000-yard mark in his career.
Williams leaves the program tied for ninth all-time in career receptions with 157 and tenth in career receiving yards with 2,260.
Additionally, his 19 career touchdowns receptions are the ninth in UCF history.
Williams will try to be the third UCF wide receiver to be selected in the NFL Draft in the past four drafts. In 2018, Tre’Quan Smith was selected in the third round, while Gabriel Davis was in the fourth round earlier this year.
The 2021 NFL Draft will be held on April 29-May 1, and Williams is projected to be a sixth-round pick, according to NFL Draft Scout.
“I hope to continue to make everyone proud as I pursue my lifelong dream of reaching the NFL,” Williams said. “Thank you and God bless.”