If there’s anything newly inducted Student Government Association President Kyler Gray wants students to know, it’s that he gives a damn.
Former Student Body President Joshua Boloña and former Vice President Jad Shalhoub passed the gavel over to President Kyler L. Gray and Vice President Madeline Mills at the Impact Awards in the Student Union's Pegasus Ballroom Tuesday evening.
An increase in funding could lead to more events and projects on campus, according to Student Government Association officials.Since the 2016 school year, SGA has increased in its budget by $1.8 million. With the jump from $18.6 million to $20.4 million over three years, SGA is hoping to inc…
On Thursday, the Student Government Association Judicial Council unanimously voted 11-0-0 to deny a former senator's appeal for alleged misfeasance. Patrick Cherubin was impeached in a Senate meeting on Feb. 7 after SGA Sen. Rachel Friant, conference registration and travel chair, filed an a…
UCF's Student Government Association is testing out a new hybrid ticket retrieval system starting next week for this year's Universal Knights event.
Wednesday marked the end of this year's Student Government Association election cycle with an overall decrease in student voters.Of the 8,373 students who voted in the election, 8,341 voted for the candidates who ran for SGA president and vice president or wrote in their selection for presid…
The 2019 UCF student government presidential campaign is in full swing, with presidential candidate Antoine Fields and vice presidential candidate Darbi Welbaum putting transparency at the forefront of their campaign.
Kyler Gray and Madeline Mills decided to leave behind the small towns and structured activities they grew up around to discover their own paths at one of the largest universities in the nation.
The lighthearted friendship between Ashley Stewart and Darwins Olcima is apparent, as are the many similarities they share — they are both junior psychology majors on the industrial and organizational psychology track and current members of the Student Government Association's executive cabinet.
Former UCF Student Government Association presidential candidate Emilia Kosonen and vice presidential candidate Karen Caudillo officially announced their resignation from the race at a senate meeting Thursday night.
UCF Student Government Association senators John Tuley and Amanda Gilliland said they still have hope for future elections despite part of a bill proposing a ban on political parties to be unconstitutional during the first-ever judicial review hearing last fall.
Student Government Association Deputy Chief of Staff Antione Fields said mental health is a big concern, not just for the UCF campus, but across the country.Mental health is a rising topic of conversation at UCF. According to the Counseling and Psychological Services at UCF, 5,473 students w…
Emilia Kosonen, junior film major, and Karen Caudillo, senior political science major, officially announced their presidential candidacy on Thursday along with their campaign platform’s slogan — "UKnighted for All."
Starting in the spring 2019 semester, free feminine hygiene products will be available for students in dispensers located in both female and gender neutral restrooms in areas such as the Student Union, the Recreation and Wellness Center and All Knight Study.
- UCF SGA chief justice rules party ban unconstitutional, sets future guidelines
- UCF SGA attorney general campaigns against lack of due process in student conduct violations
- UCF SGA holds first judicial review hearing, evaluates ban on political parties
- UCF SGA to open parking spots for RWC employees, announces art collaboration
- UCF SGA introduces new Student Union lockers
- UCF SGA Senate elects senate president, senate president pro tempore
- UCF SGA passes bill to create tiered violation system, bans political parties
- UCF SGA updates Lyft partnership with reduced hours, rides
- UCF SGA announces 2018 senate elections results
- UCF SGA Senate candidate found guilty of election violations, removed from ballot
- UCF SGA Senate candidates share platforms, plans as election begins
- UCF SGA violations filed against student senate candidate
- UCF SGA announces 15 new, inclusive scholarships
- UCFPD, SGA to introduce new safe escort service
- UCF SGA announces early voting site on campus
- UCF SGA Senate elections near, campaigns begin next week
- UCF SGA Senate confirms 3 new students into Election Commission
- UCF SGA announces proposal to add immigration services to Student Legal Services
- UCF SGA approves more than $40,000 in student organization funding
- UCF SGA updates Lyft partnership to offer extended hours, larger ride range
- SGA provides Ecofetti for graduation pictures
- Former SGA Facilities, Safety, & Transport coordinator calls for SGA president's resignation at senate meeting
- Lack of awareness for SGA senate elections causing vote count gap
- SGA Facilities, Safety, & Transport coordinator resigns amidst controversy
- SGA senate discusses Day at the Capitol, passes three bills
- SGA looks to conserve funds for RSOs with new quarters strategy
- SGA speaker of the senate tries to void complacency
- SGA senate moves 7 RSO-funding bills to final legislation
- SGA holding senate meet and greet to connect with students
- Sophomore Sierra Scott takes on role of senate president pro tempore
- SGA senate elects new speaker and president pro tempore in first meeting of session
- Winners of SGA’s 50th Senate announced
- Senate passes eight fiscal bills at last meeting for 49th Senate
- SGA Senate elections moved to October
- Josh and Jad reflect on SGA presidential campaign
- Nick Larkins and Cristina Barreto named SGA president and vice president
- Postponed: Vote to move recommendation of censure against SGA presidential candidate Nick Larkins
- SGA Presidential Candidate Nick Larkins accused of neglecting chief of staff duties
- SGA President and Vice President candidates begin campaign
- SGA candidates, Josh and Jad, reveal election platform at CaddyShank's
- Student government hosting SGA Days this week
- SGA looks to keep students informed and involved through Knights Forum
- SGA hosts first Knights Forum
- High school students visit UCF Senate meeting
- Senate confirms final justice seat
- Applications opening for vacant SGA Senate seats
- SGA conducts branch leader meetings prior to Senate meetings.
- UCF Election Commission: the force behind the 2016 Senate Elections
- SGA senate elections plowing on despite low voter awareness
- SGA Senate Elections start today