UCF's John C. Hitt library was evacuated Wednesday evening after a pipe busted on the third floor, leading to flooding, according to UCFPD.
UCFPD has spent over $400,000 since 2018 on new equipment for transparency and safety, according to UCFPD.
A UCF student crashed his truck into a sign board at the University Commons shopping center early Sunday afternoon.
The UCF Police Department received a brand new emergency response and rescue vehicle Friday to support the department's Heavy Response Team in responding to critical incidents.
Tightly closing her eyes, adjunct instructor Kim Hardiman was almost unrecognizable after her face was coated in a vibrant green mask of colored powder.
UCF Police Department added ‘Blue’ to UCF Downtown's safety team, the department announced in a press release on Wednesday morning. Blue is a 2-year-old yellow lab who specializes in detecting explosives, conducting sweeps of buildings and assisting partner agencies with detection searches.
Tall, fluorescent yellow poles topped with blue flashing lights and labeled with the word “emergency” are placed strategically in 245 locations throughout UCF's main campus.
About two years ago, sophomore psychology major Kassandra Butler was driving home from a friend's house when she got pulled over by a police officer.
UCF Cares, a section under the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities, hosted its second Title IX training workshop of the semester Wednesday in Ferrell Commons.
The UCF Police Department sent out a crime awareness message through email Tuesday afternoon to alert students and faculty to be cautious of their surroundings, after an attempted robbery occurred Monday at around 12 p.m. in Parking Garage H, according to a UCF police report.
The wife of a UCF faculty member, whose death was ruled “suspicious” in January by the Winter Park Police Department, was charged with murder on Wednesday, Orange County jail records show.
The UCF Police Department is now doubling down on its pedestrian safety project by placing officers at busy crosswalks around campus, according to a tweet sent out by the department on Friday.
A UCF student was arrested Tuesday after campus police discovered he was keeping a fully-automatic AR-15 in his vehicle at an on-campus dorm, police said.
- UCFPD, SGA create new Knight Ride Program
- UCFPD chief implements new technology to increase transparency, safety
- UCFPD, SGA to introduce new safe escort service
- UCFPD officers undergo training to reduce biased policing
- UCFPD educates students to stay safe after sexual battery incidents
- UCF urges students to be safe during the holidays
- Armed home invasion at Pointe at Central apartments leads to multiple arrests
- Alleged kidnapping reported at UCF
- UCF police arrest man they say pulled BB gun on pizza delivery driver near Knights Plaza
- UCFPD: Man waves gun at pizza delivery driver near Knights Plaza
- UCFPD's first therapy dog will help victims of violent crimes
- Safe Driving Event sheds light on dangers of distracted driving
- UCF Police, Student Health Services partner for 'Drug Take Back' event
- UCFPD annual security report finds decrease in on-campus crimes in 2016
- UCF departments share storm preparation procedures during hurricane season
- UCF Police swears in 4 new officers during emotional ceremony
- The fight to keep guns off campus
- UCF prepares for Hurricane Matthew, students evacuating
- Green Dot UCF officially launches with block party
- UCFPD swears in six new officers
- Tivoli fire: One year later
- Student arrested on charges of "video voyeurism" on campus
- Sirens sound at UCF: This is just a test
- Orlandoans demand action on gun control from Rubio, other legislators
- Legislators and citizens march for gun reform
- Security now a top concern for local nightlife
- Mass shooting at Pulse mobilizes Orlando
- UCF Police alert the community after increase in car burglaries
- Hack@UCF offers advice on identity theft protection
- Anti-Semitic case becomes inactive
- UCF Social Security hack affects 63,000 students and faculty