Three UCF faculty members are being fired after an independent investigation determined that they were exchanging doctoral degrees for grant funding, according to a university press release shared Monday.
Interim President Thad Seymour assigned College of Sciences Dean Michael Johnson to serve as interim provost in a statement on Thursday. After Provost Elizabeth Dooley was placed on paid administrative leave, Vice Provost of Faculty Excellence Jana Jasinski stepped in as acting provost.Doole…
Provost Elizabeth Dooley was placed on paid administrative leave Friday afternoon by Interim President Thad Seymour, a university spokesperson informed NSM Today.
UCF Human Resources announced salary increases May 17 for university administrative and professional employees and university support personnel system employees will become effective June 14.
The UCF Board of Trustees met Thursday at the Fairwinds Alumni Center to discuss and to approve a variety of proposals ranging from employee compensation to termination of degree programs.
In partnership with Valencia College, UCF will open a new downtown campus for 20 different UCF programs at the start of the fall 2019 semester, but some students and faculty have expressed concerns about having to attend classes at the new campus.
Three of the four UCF employees who were fired by former President Dale Whittaker on Jan. 18 will not be returning to their posts, according to a press release by UCF Assistant Vice President Chad Binette.
Thad Seymour will serve as long-term interim president at UCF for at least a year while the Board of Trustees searches for a permanent president.
Christopher Ingersoll was the final candidate of four to present his case as to why he should become the founding dean of the new College of Health Professions and Sciences.
Interim UCF President Thad Seymour said he sees an opportunity to move the university forward.
The Board of Trustees will consider voting Thursday to ask Thad Seymour Jr. to serve as the university’s long-term interim president until a permanent president is named, according to a press release.
A new spending plan to put forward less than half of the originally announced amount towards financial aid was approved March 13 by the Board of Trustees.
A Florida House committee report released Thursday confirmed that UCF improperly transferred as much as $85 million of Educational and General funds to university construction accounts for unauthorized uses.
In the search for the founding dean for the College of Health Professions and Sciences, Lori Messinger was the first of four candidates to make a presentation to the UCF community, followed by an open forum on Feb. 28.
- UCF alumni hope next long-term president can keep university's vision alive
- Interim CFO resigns, sees 'no realistic end in sight'
- Former UCF employee claims Whittaker lied on Iowa State presidential résumé
- ‘Mistakes have been made’: Board of Trustees accepts Dale Whittaker’s resignation
- Whittaker calls for renewed relationship between UCF and Legislature
- Students react as President Whittaker offers resignation to Board of Trustees
- President Dale Whittaker offers resignation to Board of Trustees
- Florida House committee meeting canceled, UCF testimony postponed
- Retired Army veteran hired as senior counsel to President Whittaker
- UCF CFO steps down, accepts responsibility for misused $38M
- After 26 years, UCF’s ‘father figure’ John Hitt reflects on his legacy
- UCF provost named university's fifth president
- UCF provost applies for presidency
- With an increasingly diverse student population, UCF leadership not reflecting changes
- President Hitt on leadership: 'have some thick skin'
- UCF to select next president in March
- Presidential Search Committee to hold fourth meeting Monday
- Provost: UCF to reorganize majors, create new colleges
- From athletics to parking: Survey shows what UCF wants next president to address
- UCF faculty member helps mentor incarcerated youth
- Non-notification of scholarship program leads to some international students paying out-of-state fees
- Classroom cap size changes affecting students, professors
- UCF aids Puerto Rican students in transferring for spring semester
- President Hitt addresses UCF with emotional speech about retirement
- President Hitt announces retirement as UCF president
- On-campus construction continues, some completion dates in sight
- UCF faculty and students aid Puerto Rico and Mexico
- UCF Board of Trustees amends agreement for future Pegasus Hotel
- Another UCF student arrested on charges of hacking grades
- UCF College of Business reappoints Dean Paul Jarley
- UCF fraternity suspended for alleged misconduct
- UCF construction update
- Orlando's first medical cannabis dispensary opens for patients
- Alisa Smith set to join Legal Studies Department
- Music students demand funds for PAC renovations