As universities started moving toward remote instruction, three sociology graduate students began to notice that not much attention was being paid to individual students with disabilities.
From dancing in the Additions Financial Arena to dancing on social media, Knight-Thon went virtual.
The IRS is preparing to send out a one-time stimulus relief check to qualifying Americans to ease the effects of COVID-19. However, some college students are being left out of the bill.
For incoming freshmen enrolled in the fall 2020 semester, they will not have the opportunity to attend their orientation on campus due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Thousands of Disney employees are left unsure of their futures after the Walt Disney Company announced in an email statement late Thursday that they're planning to furlough non-essential workers starting April 19 due to COVID-19.
With the COVID-19 pandemic moving all classes online for the remainder of the semester and into the summer, many UCF students are left with a big decision to make regarding housing: Do they stay, move out or sublease?
UCF will open a drive-through COVID-19 testing site at Garage A on Monday, the university announced Friday.
Rep. Carlos G. Smith and Rep. Anna V. Eskamani sent a joint letter to Gov. Ron DeSantis Friday urging him to sign an executive order that would allow students to terminate their off-campus housing agreements without penalty or intimidation from landlords.
UCF is freezing faculty and staff hiring, with few exceptions, until further notice due to the spread of COVID-19, the university announced on Wednesday.
After having issued some partial refunds for parking passes on a case-by-case basis, UCF Parking and Transportation Services has stopped doing so, UCF spokeswoman Heather Smith told NSM Today.
The U.S. Department of Labor announced March 12 that students who lost their jobs due to COVID-19 could qualify for unemployment benefits through the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Two Amazon employees at a local fulfillment center have tested positive for COVID-19, the general manager informed employees on Thursday in a voicemail obtained by NSM Today.
Around the UCF downtown campus, students are able to go to Lake Eola and shop at the Publix nearby for groceries.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that he's issuing an executive stay-at-home order for all Florida residents. The order takes effect midnight Thursday and will stay in place for 30 days.
- SG president, president-elect adapt to challenges during COVID-19 pandemic
- Provost Dooley resigns for 'personal reasons'
- Petitioners demand rent freeze as UCF advocates for students off-campus
- Governor DeSantis refuses to issue statewide stay-at-home order
- UCF Global makes adjustments due to COVID-19 to ensure safety of international students
- International student from Ukraine stays in Orlando during COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF Board of Trustees approves refunds for on-campus housing
- 24th annual Knight-Thon canceled amid COVID-19 pandemic, participants 'extremely disappointed'
- Florida Board of Governors confirms Alexander Cartwright as UCF's president
- Puerto Rican UCF students, faculty ‘worried about loved ones’ amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Florida restaurants restricted to take out, to-go orders during COVID-19 pandemic
- 31 UCF faculty members honored for Women's History Month
- Major utility companies suspend service shut-offs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Orange County establishes stay-at-home order amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Jeep Beach 2020 rescheduled amid COVID-19 concerns
- UCF’s president-elect shares plans for future role
- Major cruise lines suspend operations, cutting students' spring break short
- UCF faculty member placed in quarantine amid COVID-19 outbreak
- UCF asks residents to leave campus by Wednesday
- Nightly curfew established in Orange County amid COVID-19 concerns
- Marriott furloughs employees amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF College Democrats react to Joe Biden's Florida primary win
- UCF students react to remote instruction being extended through summer sessions A, C and D
- UCF student returning from Spain ‘shocked’ by lack of severity in airport coronavirus screenings, sentenced to 14-day quarantine
- UCF extends withdrawal deadline amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF Business Services investigates Jobs4Knights’ guerilla marketing on campus
- UCF Board of Trustees selects Alexander N. Cartwright as next university president
- UCF ranked first in graduate game design program
- Student Government requests presidential search be postponed until students return to classes
- UCF student tests positive for COVID-19; first known case at university
- COVID-19 outbreak causes beach closures, spring break cut short
- UCF Presidential Search reveals mystery candidate
- UCF students react to spring 2020 commencement ceremony being canceled
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex closed due to coronavirus concerns
- AAC cancels competition and championships for rest of academic year
- Remote learning at UCF extended to the end of the spring semester
- Bars, nightclubs shut down by DeSantis, Dyer to curb coronavirus outbreak
- UCF Presidential Search finalists to host virtual open forums
- COVID-19 panic causes supply shortage in UCF area
- UCF Student Government to suspend all in-person business for two weeks
- As presidential vote nears, county officials see chance to get more students involved in local elections
- Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando shut down amid COVID-19 concerns
- American Athletic Conference suspends all spring sports amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The American Athletic Conference cancels 2020 Men's Basketball Championship
- UCF meets to prepare for possible COVID-19 outbreak
- Twenty-four UCF students attend conservative conference where an attendee tests positive for COVID-19
- UCF students react to on-campus anti-abortion protestors
- UCF computer programming team wins bronze, advances to world finals
- UCF presidential candidate withdraws application following lawsuit
- Oviedo park may be torn down, wildlife in danger of being displaced