Over the summer, the death of George Floyd resulted in waves of protest against police brutality across the nation.
For Dernica Amboise's first day as the chair of Black Caucus, she said she already received dozens of messages on what the Black Caucus' thoughts were on Internet personality Kaitlin Bennett's arrival to campus on Thursday afternoon.
Orlando hospitality and employment are taking hard hits and heavily impacting student employment, said sophomore entertainment management major Ashley Kramer.
Student Government Senator Aliyah Gonzalez said she is sponsoring an initiative that will help UCF students affected by COVID-19 find research opportunities.
After an altercation between students and internet gun-rights personality Kaitlin Bennett, a group of student activists released a statement demanding UCF take action in ways that will protect its students.
Despite COVID-19 regulations, the university’s hurricane preparedness will not be affected, said Joseph Thalheimer, UCF department of emergency management director.
Several months ago, the global pandemic forced UCF, the second-largest university in the country, to close down.
UCF's commitment to Osceola County is changing since Gov. Ron DeSantis cut funding for BRIDG, a not-for-profit research and manufacturing facility in the county, and the Center for Renovation, according to an email sent to NSM Today by university spokesman Chad Binette.
UCF President Alexander Cartwright addressed student concerns in a press conference with student media on Wednesday.
UCF hosted a forum on inclusion after a survey showed that only 44% of students said they feel they belong at the school.
A Starbucks location opened on the second floor of the revamped Student Union following the Phase 2 construction project. In addition to the other Starbucks located on Memory Mall, this new full-service location offers more seating options for students to study in while ordering their favori…
- UCF biology department agrees with #GRExit movement
- UCF charges students distance learning fee during COVID-19
- UCF changes transportation options during COVID-19
- UCF SG welcomes back students despite pandemic
- UCF alumnus calls for Longwood to establish citizen review board for allegations against police
- UCF announces BlendFlex model for upcoming fall semester
- UCF announces virtual commencement for summer graduates
- Gov. Ron DeSantis signs bill allowing college athletes to be paid for name, image, likeness
- UCF SG denounces psychology professor's tweets, calls on university officials to fire him
- Suspect apprehended for car crash that killed two UCF students
- UCF discusses plan for reopening in virtual community forum
- Knights Circle alerts residents of first COVID-19 case
- UCF awards $16.7 million in CARES Act funds, announces second round
- Florida enters phase two to reopen the state amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCFPD pulls officers from covering protests in downtown Orlando
- UCF investigates psychology professor's controversial tweets, students petition for him to be fired
- UCF students petition for removal of extra tuition fees
- UCF Faculty Senate discusses possible teaching approaches for upcoming fall semester
- Alpha Epsilon Pi chapter ends affiliation with UCF, fraternity says
- UCF to introduce phased approach to reopen campus for faculty, staff as early as June
- Downtown restaurants near UCF campus temporarily close due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Students should boost immune system to help prevent COVID-19, study shows
- Passing the gavel: Kyler and Madeline reflect on challenges, success of SG presidency
- UCF student assistance programs break records during COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF President Cartwright to use COVID-19 pandemic to transform higher education, become leading institution in Florida
- If UCF just sent you $1200, it’s not pandemic-related
- UCF announces virtual commencement schedule for May 2; Seahawks’ Shaquem, Shaquill Griffin selected as speakers
- Burnett Honors College students speak up about adjusting to remote classes
- 'A cry for help': UCF's black community responds to research indicating blacks are disproportionately affected by COVID-19
- UCF music professor arrested for attempting to meet an underage male for sex
- Former Interim President Thad Seymour Jr. reflects on past year at UCF
- Student Union construction continues amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida settles lawsuit for early voting on college campuses
- UCF extends remote learning through Summer B term
- Delta, United Airlines extend window to use flight tickets amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Exchange students feel the impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- New project launched at UCF addresses global crises
- UCF graduate to study impact of COVID-19, remote learning on students with disabilities
- Knight-Thon hosts virtual dance marathon amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 stimulus bill excludes college-aged dependents, UCF students say 'it's a shame'
- UCF 2020 orientation moved online due to COVID-19, incoming freshman 'disappointed' by the news
- Disney announces plans to furlough non-essential employees
- UCF professors adjust to virtual learning
- UCF students struggle with housing decisions amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF to open a drive-through COVID-19 testing site on campus
- UCF undergoes faculty, staff hiring freeze ‘until further notice’
- Florida representatives urge DeSantis to sign executive order terminating off-campus housing agreements
- UCF Parking Services stops issuing refunds for parking passes, students say it's 'strange and unfair'
- Florida DEO gives jobless UCF students opportunity to qualify for unemployment compensation
- UCF downtown students report incidents with homeless people, local shelters work to provide rehabilitation and resources