Amid the recent deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, and other events, J.P Gilbert is disheartened, but is starting to look for solutions for police misconduct within his community.
UCF introduced the BlendFlex model as a strategy for courses as the fall semester approaches in a statement on Thursday, June 18.
Commencement for summer 2020 graduates will take place virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UCF announced Friday.
Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law on Friday that will allow Florida college student-athletes to be paid for endorsements beginning next summer.
UCF's Student Body Senate has sent a resolution to university officials calling for psychology professor Charles Negy to "no longer be employed at UCF."
The suspect of a car crash that killed two UCF students, Shaunte Chambers and Angelesea Rock, was taken into custody on Thursday by the Orlando Police Department.
UCF discussed its draft plan for returning to campus in the fall amid the COVID-19 pandemic in a virtual forum Wednesday afternoon.
Knights Circle will be taking extra precautionary measures in light of its first suspected case of COVID-19 after sending out an email alerting residents.
UCF will distribute millions of dollars in CARES Act emergency aid to students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic according to a statement from Dr. Maribeth Ehasz, Vice President of Student Development and Enrollment Services.
Entertainment businesses can now operate at 50% capacity with social distancing and sanitization protocol, Gov. Ron DeSantis said in a news conference on Friday.
UCFPD will no longer be assisting with recent protests in downtown Orlando, Chief of Police Carl Metzger wrote in a statement on Twitter on Wednesday.
Associate professor of psychology Charles Negy is being reviewed by UCF for his tweets that sparked controversy and "do not reflect the values of UCF," President Alexander Cartwright said on Thursday.
UCF students are petitioning for the removal of extra tuition fees during this time of remote learning.
The UCF Faculty Senate presented four possible approaches for how teaching will be done during the fall 2020 semester in a meeting on Monday.
The Nu Delta Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi announced Thursday that it will be ending its affiliation with UCF effective immediately.
- UCF to introduce phased approach to reopen campus for faculty, staff as early as June
- Downtown restaurants near UCF campus temporarily close due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Students should boost immune system to help prevent COVID-19, study shows
- Passing the gavel: Kyler and Madeline reflect on challenges, success of SG presidency
- UCF student assistance programs break records during COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF President Cartwright to use COVID-19 pandemic to transform higher education, become leading institution in Florida
- If UCF just sent you $1200, it’s not pandemic-related
- UCF announces virtual commencement schedule for May 2; Seahawks’ Shaquem, Shaquill Griffin selected as speakers
- Burnett Honors College students speak up about adjusting to remote classes
- 'A cry for help': UCF's black community responds to research indicating blacks are disproportionately affected by COVID-19
- UCF music professor arrested for attempting to meet an underage male for sex
- Former Interim President Thad Seymour Jr. reflects on past year at UCF
- Student Union construction continues amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida settles lawsuit for early voting on college campuses
- UCF extends remote learning through Summer B term
- Delta, United Airlines extend window to use flight tickets amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Exchange students feel the impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- New project launched at UCF addresses global crises
- UCF graduate to study impact of COVID-19, remote learning on students with disabilities
- Knight-Thon hosts virtual dance marathon amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 stimulus bill excludes college-aged dependents, UCF students say 'it's a shame'
- UCF 2020 orientation moved online due to COVID-19, incoming freshman 'disappointed' by the news
- Disney announces plans to furlough non-essential employees
- UCF professors adjust to virtual learning
- UCF students struggle with housing decisions amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF to open a drive-through COVID-19 testing site on campus
- UCF undergoes faculty, staff hiring freeze ‘until further notice’
- Florida representatives urge DeSantis to sign executive order terminating off-campus housing agreements
- UCF Parking Services stops issuing refunds for parking passes, students say it's 'strange and unfair'
- Florida DEO gives jobless UCF students opportunity to qualify for unemployment compensation
- UCF downtown students report incidents with homeless people, local shelters work to provide rehabilitation and resources
- 2 Orlando Amazon employees test positive for COVID-19
- Gov. Ron DeSantis puts state of Florida under stay-at-home order for next 30 days
- SG president, president-elect adapt to challenges during COVID-19 pandemic
- Provost Dooley resigns for 'personal reasons'
- Petitioners demand rent freeze as UCF advocates for students off-campus
- Governor DeSantis refuses to issue statewide stay-at-home order
- UCF Global makes adjustments due to COVID-19 to ensure safety of international students
- International student from Ukraine stays in Orlando during COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF Board of Trustees approves refunds for on-campus housing
- 24th annual Knight-Thon canceled amid COVID-19 pandemic, participants 'extremely disappointed'
- Florida Board of Governors confirms Alexander Cartwright as UCF's president
- Puerto Rican UCF students, faculty ‘worried about loved ones’ amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Florida restaurants restricted to take out, to-go orders during COVID-19 pandemic
- 31 UCF faculty members honored for Women's History Month
- Major utility companies suspend service shut-offs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Orange County establishes stay-at-home order amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Jeep Beach 2020 rescheduled amid COVID-19 concerns
- UCF’s president-elect shares plans for future role
- Major cruise lines suspend operations, cutting students' spring break short