The UCF community gathered all along Memory Mall in the annual celebration of Relay for Life on March 20. Students, staff and faculty members set up tents, shared stories and held live entertainment and performances on a stage built near the end of the grass area.
Board committee members walked around and engaged with the community in spreading awareness and advocating for cancer research. Over $31,000 was raised for the main event, and all proceeds are given to the American Cancer Society to help support those have battled and or survived cancer.
- Ashley Marshall
In this week's newscast, Knightly News brings you information about the FDA making donating blood easier for bisexual and gay men, the College of Nursing plans for a new building, new UCF rankings, ESOL classes for hospitality workers, a scholarship presented to UCF's football kicker and more.
- UCF Pegasus Winterguard takes FFCC National Color Guard Premiere by storm
- New Arab American Student Association holds its kick-off meeting
- UCF Jewish community offers remembrance for the Holocaust amid rising antisemitism
- UCF football player Justin Hodges arrested on Thursday, police records show
- Muslim Student Association starts spring semester with prayer on the beach
- UCF's Puerto Rico Research Hub receives $500,000
- Knights Under the Stars offers a once-in-a-lifetime celestial experience
- UCF library set to reopen third floor in late February
- New UCF club creates safe space for LGBTQ minority students
- Natural hair care products introduced at Knightstop