In the days leading up to the 2021 Gasparilla Bowl game between the UCF Knights and the University of Florida Gators on Thursday, fans were treated with pregame traditions.
The sold-out game, which hosted more than 60,000 attendees, featured players and coaches speaking with media outlets at press conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as a pep rally for UCF and Florida fans the day before the big game.
On game day, Marching Knights and UCF Cheer graced the streets outside Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, hyping up the large crowd of fans tailgating in anticipation. The Gators' marching band and cheerleading squad were also there to amp up their fans.
UCF defeated UF 29-17 in the Union Home Mortgage game. The last time the teams played was 15 years ago, making this a long-awaited win for UCF.
After the Knights' victory, players and fans celebrated their first victory over the Gators in the three times they have played each other.
NSM Today was there that week to bring coverage and a photo gallery featuring highlights of the exciting three-day event.
UCF Knightly News reporter Kelly Gilmore tells us how a new construction near campus is expected to house almost 600 students. In addition to that, learn how the football team earned their seventh win of the season.
- Gus makes a splash in the Transfer Portal
- KnightMoves makes school history while cheer continued its dynasty at nationals
- UCF Track and Field sets records during indoor season debut at Clemson
- Markeith Loyd case to receive decision on death penalty in March
- UCF psychology professor dies over winter break
- Controversial or not, UCF students still eligible to receive HEERF money this spring
- McKenzie Milton’s return to Orlando is met with a loss in the Hula Bowl
- UCF men’s basketball dominated in War on I-4
- UCF men's basketball gets back on track with win over Memphis
- Working on mind and body: New outdoor gym opens at RWC
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.