Elizabeth Carmona finished and set down her new Spider-Man comic book. She walked over and organized some figurines on the shelves. Finally, she locked the door of her store for the last time for an indefinite amount of time.
When nursing major Kaitlyn Argyriou began her college journey, she never imagined her mother would be beside her as a student.
In a Venezuelan small town called Punto Fijo, Anna Graterol Stefanelli said goodbye to her family with the uncertainty of how her life would be in the United States.
Ross Leach opens his laptop, starts up Zoom and heads toward uncertainty as he faces a new semester as vice president of UCF's Psi Chi International Honor Society amid a pandemic. The problem was all his fellow board members were strangers.
Nicole Anderson, president of Yoga for Brains and junior health sciences major, said when she suffered her concussion she went from "100 to 0."
Prayers in temples, vibrancy emitted from spinning dreidels to sounds of maracas played alongside the güiro are now distant as the COVID-19 pandemic shifted the celebration and practice of religious and cultural holidays.
Senior political science major Grace Christiani was hesitant to join a social Greek-letter sorority because of the lore surrounding Panhellenic councils. She said the opportunity for diversity attracted her to join Omega Phi Alpha at UCF.
Junior film major Valeria Starks walked into the Nicholson School of Communication and Media building hoping to be chosen as a producer in 23-year-old UCF graduate Sarah Holland's feature film, “Egghead & Twinkie.”
When Jude Wise arrived at UCF this fall, he knew making friends would be difficult. His concern about COVID-19 meant his first weeks at school were mostly spent alone, confined to his off-campus apartment.
Amid quiet cricket chirps and the expansive, empty green lawn of Memory Mall, one group of students broke the silence with music and dance — UCF’s own Knight-Thon Morale Team.
UCF STEM students and faculty said they have been grappling with the fear of a lack of hands-on experience because of remote learning.
- Division I athlete by day, entrepreneur by night
- UCF's random testing of students does not include those off campus
- Rising up with Avery and Rachel
- UCF's first roller skating club to be created
- UCF students help NASA’s mission to retrieve information about asteroid
- UCF theater professors, majors react to changes in Orlando performing arts
- UCF professors adjust to remote teaching
- Student organization guides DACA and TPS students on campus
- UCF alumna in the 'fight of her life' as she battles breast cancer
- Increase of Venezuelans at UCF goes beyond pursuing a degree
- UCF DJs adjust from crowded clubs to bedroom livestreams
- New coffee shop located by UCF celebrates its opening week
- UCF student and guitarist gives back to the community supporting his band
- UCF students participate in virtual Thanksgiving celebrations
- UCF College of Business adapts to help students succeed despite pandemic
- Female president leads Gaming Knights to a positive new direction
- UCF CAPS faces 31% decrease on student clients
- UCF Arboretum interns reflect on fall semester's plant sales
- Lazy Texts, a UCF senior's new online business, partners with Student Government
- MaskOnOrlando: An initiative to protect lives and the environment
- Revamp owner reflects on the impact COVID-19 has had on his barber shops
- UCF distinguished professor brings decades of public safety experience to campus
- UCF hosts forum on the impact of Black veterans
- Student wins Spirit Splash duck after three years of hunting
- From Libyan hero to proud Knight
- UCF students' mental health, wellbeing improved by Greek life
- UCF international students face new challenges due to remote work regulations
- UCF student reflects on life after near-death experience
- Veterans Day 2020: A celebration of selfless individuals and their stories
- With game store closure, Yu-Gi-Oh! fans search for a new home
- UCF students find their zen
- UCF helps bring Pompeii from the ashes
- UCF as speech-pathology leader during the COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF's Alpha Kappa Psi and Club Kreyol came together for Open Mic Knight
- UCF Intramural Sports offers esports this year
- MSC hosts annual drag show, follows COVID-19 regulations
- Orlando burlesque troupe dances through pandemic
- UCF Office of Student Involvement reaches out to South Florida students
- UCF graduate and previous Disney performer impacted by Disney layoffs
- Dr. Deborah German helps lead UCF through global pandemic
- Downtown Orlando cat café is helping felines find their forever homes
- El Día de Muertos in Orlando is very much alive
- UCF students feel the effects of political divides
- Colonialtown North Neighborhood hosts "Spooky Poochie" for Orlando pets
- Educational struggles due to the pandemic lead to student-led tutoring
- It’s 'Sow-ween,' not 'Sam-heyn'
- UCF CAPS struggles with workshops' attendance
- UCF coordinator of music education changes choir names for inclusivity
- Koru Mindfulness class helps students cope with stress
- UCF student is known as the "theme park nanny"