Much like the ending of in-person classes at UCF, students in public schools went on spring break to find out they won’t be coming back for a while.
When Deandria Fagon left campus for spring break, she said she didn't realize it would be months before seeing her sorority sisters again.
UCF student movie makers may not get their chance to compete for higher awards due to COVID-19.
Borders were closed. Flights were canceled. Quarantine facilities were packed. But after staying in three countries and living in a quarantine facility for a week, UCF exchange student Natalia Gogolova is finally reunited with her family in Slovakia.
Dancing is a large part of Hispanic culture and Latin Rhythm found a new way to keep members and their families actively dancing - from home.
The COVID-19 pandemic is disrupting people’s lives all around the world.
Quotes, the PR club at UCF, hosted a "Job Hunting in Today's World" on Thursday — a virtual event aimed to help students searching for jobs during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Student Veterans Association at UCF offers a feeling of belonging to veterans in student life after service, president John Glenny III said.
Despite the stay-at-home executive order issued Wednesday by Florida governor Ron DeSantis, some UCF students have been deemed as part of the "essential" workforce.
Restaurants located directly across from UCF, including BENTO Asian Kitchen + Sushi Grill, have experienced serious business modifications since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Medical workers in Florida, including Dr. Annette Bourgault of the UCF College of Nursing, are under extreme pressure due to a shortage of protective medical equipment and working overtime during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UCF's Campus Activities Board is adapting to a new level of student engagement by hosting a "Quarantine Hangout" every Thursday at 8 p.m., according to their Instagram.
Local businesses continue to shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, encouraging customers to shop online as an alternative — but also putting hundreds out of a job.
Society should step outside the normal binary and celebrate women who do not fit the common definition of a woman, Lavender Council member Lois Hernandez said.
- UCF students living off campus struggle to pay rent amid COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF student's photography business takes financial hit due to COVID-19
- BSU vice-presidential candidate shares vision for UCF's black student population
- 'Periods don't stop for a pandemic': UCF organization donates period products nationwide during COVID-19 pandemic
- From tourism hub to ghost town: International Drive suffers from COVID-19 outbreak
- Students find alternatives to stay active despite gym closures
- Local organizations aim to reduce food waste in UCF, Central Florida communities
- Fashion Society among many student organizations affected by COVID-19
- Social distancing leads to spike in social media amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Houses of worship offer online services for students, greater Orlando community practicing social distancing
- Muslim students navigate through life at UCF
- Daughter concerned that her UCF-employed mother could have been exposed to COVID-19
- UCF student may have contracted COVID-19, struggles with self-quarantine
- Order of Pegasus recipient takes an alternate path to success
- Residential Hall Association hosts virtual hangouts while social distancing
- UCF biology student leaves research project unfinished due to COVID-19 outbreak
- UCF counseling services moves to 'telehealth' to help students in need during school closures
- UCF's Brazilian student population is on the rise, statistics show
- UCF seniors upset, disappointed by announcement of virtual commencement ceremonies
- Immunosuppressed freelance musician details struggles of quarantine
- Study abroad or bust: COVID-19 ends UCF student's chance of studying in Croatia
- UCF's Vice President of Medical Affairs: a distinguished woman and lawyer
- UCF welcomes Jeffery Redding as new director of choral activities
- Out-of-state students adjust to remote learning
- COVID-19 raises concerns among incoming UCF freshmen
- UCF graduate runs 100 miles across UCF's main campus to raise money for COVID-19 research
- Osceola drive-thru safari encourages visits in the midst of social distancing, provides safe way for students to get out
- UCF daycare hosts food drive for families affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Students, faculty 'devastated' by UCF Celebrates the Arts cancellation
- Student Health Services remains open, provides COVID-19 testing
- Formerly homeless UCF student overcame challenges, utilized on-campus resources combating college homelessness
- Local UCF bar donates food packages to families in need as schools close during COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF professor, students reflect on 100th anniversary of women earning right to vote
- UCF student adopts stray kitten to fight homesickness
- Latina professor recognized for creating diversity in communication
- Zoom allows UCF professors, students to adapt to remote instruction
- Student researcher designs device to detect mental disorders, neurological diseases.
- College of Nursing dean releases statement about new plan for nursing students
- UCF residents compete to save energy in Kill-a-Watt Competition
- Latino voters can now vote in Spanish in 32 Florida counties, UCF students 'extremely happy' about inclusion
- UCF student looks to change the way eating disorders are handled on campus
- COVID-19 sparks public homeless outreach within UCF, greater Orlando community
- Being LGBTQ+ and Latinx: a unique struggle seldom discussed
- Black voters at UCF discuss impact of their demographic in 2020 elections
- Knight-Thon, Greek life events canceled due to COVID-19 precautions
- International students react to Disney College Program suspension
- Statewide bar, nightclub closures leave UCF students unemployed, disappointed
- UCF Celebrates the Arts, other events canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Drag Divas event to raise money for LGBTQ+ homeless youth cancelled
- UCF students to lose work following campus closures