In a tucked away corner of the UCF's Arboretum, a low buzzing sound can be heard. Split off by a slow flowing creek and surrounded by various trees, sunlight creeps through the branches to reveal thousands of honeybees who are treated organically by UCF staff and students for common bee diseases.
Aim, throw, wait until all the axes have stopped, retrieve it together, repeat.
Amid widespread social distancing restrictions, artists at UCF are using Drawpile to stay connected and alleviate the often lonesome art process.
Barack Obama and George W. Bush's chiefs of staff spoke about President Trump's presidency and the 2020 election in a Zoom meeting hosted by UCF Wednesday afternoon.
One UCF student is working as the head of the Engineering design team to create a weather prediction device for the Orlando Utilities Commission's solar initiative.
Sixteen different plaques and glass objects, all lined up to commemorate every single Student Government leader over the years, left Maribeth Ehasz overwhelmed with accomplishment.
Student Health Services began using a mobile flu cart this semester that drives around campus administering free flu shots Mondays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
UCF hosted U.S. Congressman Darren Soto and a panel to discuss a new amendment he is pushing for to assist Puerto Rico's debt and development on Thursday afternoon.
UCF students have had to adapt to several new hurdles because of the COVID-19 pandemic this year and for some students, this included financial stress.
UCF Downtown students expressed praise and concerns about commuting via SunRail to and from campus in a pandemic.
When a group of students saw local nonprofits struggling with issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, they decided to help out the Orlando community.
- Postponed music recitals now held with COVID-19 precautions
- UCF student activists mourn Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- UCF's Creative School for Children gets creative to keep ‘littlest Knights’ in school despite pandemic
- Kits for kids
- UCF theater performances transition online
- Students react to Light Up UCF cancellation due to COVID-19
- Asian Student Association meets over new platform Gather Town
- In wake of protests, UCF discusses mass incarceration
- UCF's new U-Lead program teaches leadership through a Latinx perspective
- Campus clubs adjust to social distancing
- ‘We are here for you’: Knights Pantry staff is limited but working hard
- SG president, vice president share experiences as HSI week kicks off
- UCF uses special mask to keep arts students safe
- UCF theater class explores historical role of drag
- UCF graduates kickstart halal investment company to alleviate housing, healthcare issues
- UCF hosts town hall on art activism
- Students encouraged to apply for Fulbright Scholar Program despite COVID-19
- Local organization, MaskON, delivers health kits to elementary schools
- UCF student's father missing since holiday accident in Peru
- Back on the grind: UCF RWC reservations are filling up fast
- UCF Downtown students willing to report COVID-19 guideline violations
- UCF alumnus-created app provides internships for UCF students
- Abroad, UCF international students choose different paths this Fall
- Architecture students' materials thrown out over summer
- UCF student creates college survival guide, provides resources to students amid remote instruction
- UCF officials host virtual forum on race, unity in response to recent protests
- UCF student looks to 'leave her legacy' by forming a creative international program division
- UCF alumna publishes poetry book, donates proceeds to charity
- Goodbyes sooner than the expected: exchange students recall the sudden end of their time at UCF
- Students try to balance finances, seek help from UCF amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Local Greek restaurant opens community store, sells household items that are out of stock at grocery stores
- Rise in discrimination against Asian people 'surprising,' 'disheartening' to students amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Rosen student-leader shares desire to positively impact the hospitality industry
- Local nonprofits create COVID-19 educational resources for the Hispanic community
- COVID-19 pandemic leads to new mental health challenges for students
- Relay For Life of UCF goes virtual for the first time
- UCF senior uses holistic remedies to empower women, create community for healing
- Mystical Knights club explores spiritual, metaphysical ways of life, hopes to increase membership
- UCF, Orlando religious organizations encourage students to keep faith in light of COVID-19 pandemic
- UCF professors struggle to balance remote work and full-time child care
- Spring graduates find alternatives to graduation photos, celebrations amid UCF campus closures
- Virtual commencement? No problem. Congratulate the class of 2020 in a video.
- UCF student donates $500 to help Central Florida families afford essentials
- UCF, local healthcare providers switch to 'telehealth' appointments amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Knights Pantry, local food banks help Central Florida community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Students 'struggling' with more than just remote instruction due to COVID-19
- UCF alumna teaches senior citizens how to use grocery, food delivery apps
- From family supermarket to SGA, UCF grad determined to make a difference
- Theatre students feel the impact of canceled shows due to COVID-19
- UCF students turn to online dating, socializing amid COVID-19 outbreak