After Hurricane Maria struck Puerto Rico last September and caused widespread damage and power outages, many students were out of school for over a month. In response to the crisis, UCF offered in-state tuition to Puerto Rican residents.
President Trump cited March 5 as the date for Congress to find a solution for the thousands of immigrants that are DACA recipients. Now, that day has passed and there has yet to be any action from Congress, leaving Dreamers in uncertainty.
The Heavy and Light concert, hosted by To Write Love On Her Arms, is one of many events in Orlando combining music and arts to maintain mental health and relieve stress.
Pop rock band Nekokat performs at the To Write Love On Her Arms concert at the House of Blues in Orlando, FL. "We call it an evening of songs, conversations and hope," said TWLOHA founder Jamie Tworkowski. Other performers included Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, hip hop group Propaganda and Dust…
Type 1 diabetes, an autoimmune disease in which a person’s pancreas stops producing insulin, strikes both children and adults and is completely unrelated to diet and lifestyle.
Joe Sleppy remembers working as a cashier at Publix at 15 years old. He was working one Christmas, checking out a customer who had just bought $500 worth of groceries. In those same minutes, he had only earned about two-dollars.
In a small room, just west of the Pegasus Grand Ballroom in the Student Union, Muslim students congregate to pray five times a day. Many of these students are females, and many of these women wear the hijab.
People may recognize Quidditch from the Harry Potter books and films, but years after J.K. Rowling released the fantasy series, the movie's sport became a reality.
UCF students are turning trash into treasure by increasing interest in recycling practices in an effort to make UCF Sustainability Initiatives' goal of creating a zero-waste campus a reality.
Marissa Sherlock is a senior studying radio-television production. She is a part of the Catholic Campus Ministry, helps out with the student-run show ‘ToKnight’s the Night” and, as a former housing ambassador for UCF, knows plenty about the lack of on-campus housing.
An employee in a royal blue uniform shirt and matching hat sits at a table selling cheese and pepperoni pizzas outside of a Domino’s store that has its lights shut off and doors locked.
UCF’s Gemini Blvd. a capella group is competing in the International Championship of Collegiate A Capella quarterfinals this weekend in Gainesville.
Dr. Alzo Reddick, UCF's assistant vice president for university relations and director of Defense Transition Services, grew up during a time when the black community was not given as many opportunities as the white community.
The American Women's Medical Association at UCF is petitioning the Student Government Association to provide free menstrual products across campus in a movement it has dubbed "Knights Matter, Period."
Three girls in colorful clothes collected sunflowers and baby’s breath that were a part of a number of rustic centerpieces arrayed around Memory Mall.
Author Jane Elliot spoke to a crowd Monday evening at the Pegasus Ballroom about her “Blue Eyes, Brown Eyes” discrimination exercise for the start of Leadership Week.
UCF opera students received a once-in-a-lifetime experience Feb. 12 when famous composer Michael Ching visited them to rehearse their rendition of his opera 'Buoso’s Ghost.'
One in three women worldwide will be victims of physical or sexual violence in their lifetime, according to the One Billion Rising website.
A slight breeze chilled the air as a group of four freshmen huddled together Friday evening at Ferrell Commons. Glances were cast from one to another as they discussed where their future living arrangements would be, now that the lottery results for the on-campus dorms have been delivered. P…
Everybody experiences rejection at some point in their lives, but it’s something many in the LGBT community struggle with every day.
- Students talk consent in wake of sexual assault allegations
- UCF student publication empowers women for Valentine's Day
- Students Get a Taste of Self-Love
- MAPS Members volunteer at Warrior Dash
- Local recording studio helps Orlando musicians grow
- Panel discussion shows spectrum of ideas from pro-Israel students
- 'A gentleman and a scholar': UCF History Department remembers beloved professor
- Music building classrooms disrupted by construction noise
- UCF music building's piano lab revamped with high-tech pianos
- Ready, set, strut: Student drag queen expresses himself onstage
- Three-time National Cyber Defense Champions at UCF hope to advocate cybersecurity awareness
- Student entrepreneurs prepare for The Joust Social Venture competition
- “BE YOU” Storytelling Project brings students together
- New Gold Seal Co-op Program is being encouraged over regular internships by UCF Career Services and Experiential Learning
- UCF based podcast seeks to connect students with the campus
- Students can now learn to be farmers on campus
- Theatre UCF opens play addressing refugee issues
- '49 Pulses' documentary premieres to honor victims
- UCF alumnus overcomes his disabilities to teach middle school
- A human trafficking survivor shares her experience to raise awareness in Orlando
- Music professors use performing to aid in teaching
- UCF Art Gallery addresses refugee issues in its newest exhibition
- UCF Campus Movie Fest launched on Wednesday
- EA and UCF partner to encourage young women in gaming
- UCF Gringos Locos location expected to open in January
- Diana Juliao: The art of healing
- UCF's performing arts center: A project stuck in limbo
- Student who faced discrimination abroad finds new home within Knights' Muslim community
- Fausto Cardenas: A passion for LGBT rights
- How UCF students handle holidays with divorced parents
- Students open their heart at open mic
- Eclipse(d) BFA showcase puts student artists in the spotlight
- Ritmos Culturales: A melting pot of cultural rhythms
- Ditch the ramen: Feasting on a budget around UCF
- Keeping it green: What it takes to maintain the green spaces on campus
- Students flock to Light Up UCF to enjoy free admission during Student Knights
- Puppetry class: No strings attached
- Conversation Ball Pit gets friendships rolling
- A hop across the pond brings fish and chips to UCF
- UCF students relieve stress by beating drums
- Build-a-Band brings student-musicians together
- New UCF art gallery director settles into knight lifestyle
- UCF student serves up social justice on 'The Murnie Show' podcast
- Bodhi, a very good boy, helps with students' stress during midterms
- Twenty years later and still marching: Assistant Band Director David Schreier
- UCF student takes spirit of Halloween to next level
- A man of many shirts
- LGBTQ+ Services educates, encourages students with Spirit Day event
- Multicultural Student Center hosts amateur drag show
- UCF students write uplifting letters for UNLV students after mass shooting